Sunday, July 4, 2010

Tomatos!!

The welcoming comittee at Steph's house.

I went to Steph's house to see if there were any tomatos to pick this morning. I was surprised with a bountiful harverst. A welcome treat after having gone months refusing to buy those store bought red things they call "tomatos" but don't really taste like tomatos. Of course with Karen and the kids gone I am not sure what I am going to do with them all. I reck'on I will try to keep most of them well to completely ripen and then make some salsa or spaghetti sauce to can. Both were a big hit this past winter. Something you have to remember when you go through all the work to can them.




Burpee's Early Opener

The Bounty!

As I remember from last year, July is a busy month of putting up the harvest for the winter months to come. Freezing zuchinni, corn. Canning salsa, spahghetti sauce, pickles. Picking and freezing blueberries and blackberries.


Yesterdays work,... freezing 5 dozen ears of "Silver Queen" sweet corn.


But today I am going to enjoy fresh tomatos on my sandwich and with dinner tonight!



















No comments:

Post a Comment